Monday, April 6, 2009

Best dressed...

Goes too...Carrie Underwood. I am a fan. Loved the red dress she performed “I Told You So” in last night. I would love to wear it for a day. I'm pretty sure that dress was made for me. Amazing. This picture does not do it justice. The award show was good. Great entertainment. Hilarious jokes. Good fun. Too much Taylor and not enough George. Lots of talent in one room. Great thing.

I had the pleasure of being out of the office last week. I was turkey hunting. I met some pretty cool dudes and caught a big fish. The tragedy of the story? No turkey. Between people telling me to be still or be quiet…I am now left with 3 strands of hair on my head. People getting angry at me because I had to scratch my face or I dropped a cushion are things I cannot handle. Since Kindergarten, I have been a firm believer that the person yelling “Be still” or “SSSSHHHHHH” is MUCH louder than the individual ‘causing the ruckus’. Chill. Life is still good.

I enjoy being outdoors. I gain much needed peace and serenity. While sitting uncomfortably against a tree last week, I had time to think. It was a beautiful thing. Oh, if only we could all take time to just sit outside and think. Great ideas are birthed. My creativity is not at the highest level of potential in a cube. Whose is? Get outside. Think. Like milk, it does the body good.

I did go down the Natchez Trace 4 times this weekend. Windows down. Music loud. Good company. It was fabulous! Also, Tucker is home now. Welcome home! He was greatly missed. You can find Mr. Hyper in the backyard because my new roommate does not want Tucker in MY house. My patience is being tested and I am proud to say that I am doing well with the changes that occur during the week at my house. I humbly accept the fact that my way is not always going to happen. This is OK.

Nothing much else going on. Fine with me. April 6th and we have a freeze warning tonight. Crazy. Bundle up. Bring the dogs in. Build one last fire. I'm pulling for North Carolina tonight. In reality, I could careless. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Val said...

I loved the dress too - whish George would have won too - but I do like Taylor Swift too - just not as much as Greoge!! I miss the Natchez Trace!! Chris and I loved to drive it.

Candiss Fortenberry said...

Hey, I say buy the dress and wear it around it around town...who cares if you get some funny looks. Life's to short to not look fabulous!! Maybe you should wear it turkey hunting...the guys would love that!!