Sunday, April 12, 2009

Come on over!

I have a few sweet neighbors. I have a few odd neighbors. I am fine with this. Across the street lives an elderly couple. I'm going out on a limb by saying they have lived in their house for 30 years, give or take. We do not have coffee together, nor do we do the tea thing. We do wave and say hello. However, today was a monumental day. Easter. Yes. Also, the first time they came over to visit.

I love visitors. Come by, if you choose. I will welcome you. So they walk over. Knock. And enter. Upon their entrance, they hand me a paper plate wrapped in foil. My large imagination starts thinking. Yes, they brought me a slice of strawberry cake and a cupcake. Amazing! Two of my favorites. We visit. They leave.

As I'm scoffing down these delicious treats, I stop and smile. How great is our God. How great that people who serve Him, go out of their way for others. How often do you go out of your way for someone? A simple gesture, such as bringing your neighbor a cupcake, could be just what they need. I didn't need it but it is the thought that counts.

The strawberry cake was yummy. Cupcake? Not sure. I stood strong and did not eat it. Now, I can say that I had an Easter yummy treat. I did not go to my parents. I choose to stay at home. I hear I missed out on good fun and food. I'll make up for that somewhere along the line. Church was an amazing time of worship. The thunderstorms held off so the kiddies could hunt for eggs. Did you dye an egg? I did not. Should have.

I have glorious news. Earnest, my chicken, has made the journey back home. I'm not sure where he went for over a week. I am just glad he is back. Earnest made his homecoming announcement in a LOUD way. The silly chicken clucked for an hour. Tucker was not happy. For the first time, he wanted to eat Earnest.

Do something good for someone else. Be nice! Smile! Be happy! I watched a movie this weekend. A writer was told to not use exclamation points because it shows that he laughs at himself. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Periods are boring. Use an exclamation point! (This could be why i am not a writer.)There is nothing wrong with laughing at yourself! Enjoy your life!!!

No comments: