Friday, April 17, 2009

Attention Jackson...

Coming to a pothole near you....asphalt. I believe Jackson is receiving $200 million to fix the roads. This will make for such a smoother commute, so they report. Have you driven down a road in Hinds County? Once you do, I promise, you will get out of your car to see if you lost a muffler or bumper or person. They are bad. However, I cannot report that the driving will be any better. Mississippians cannot drive. The Magnolia State ranks 6th in the nation in the worst driver’s poll. The only state in the south that beat us, Georgia at #5. If it isn't wide open...they panic.

I have been told twice in the past week that I should change my opinion on one of previous blogs. That would be the statement saying: If you are 25+ do not live with your parents. I was told this because my dad is living with me. Well, I refuse to change it. It is not healthy. I am not living with my parents. He is living with me. Difference. I am a good daughter. Yes, he is still around during the week. I'm not sure where my parents stand on the housing situation. Please keep them in your prayers. The quicker the better, for all.

Another request came to me after my last post. It was brought to my attention that I did not mention Tucker's favorite thing...to trail deer. Let me assure you, I had nothing to do with his talent. I have only seen him do this once. I do know that he has found many deer for people that I work with or friends. So, you go Tucker. Keep up the good work. We're proud!

Lauren, Krista, Tiffany, Nancy, Christy, Krista and I are throwing around different places to go for our girl’s trip. Krista is a cruiser. Lauren is NYC. CJ is L.A. all the way. Nancy and Tiffany have not voiced yet. And me, well I said the Grand Canyon. We'd love to hear your suggestions. We're up for anything. Well maybe not the Canyon because I'm pretty sure everyone turned their noses up to that one. I might get stuck doing that one alone. Whatever may happen, I can promise that by fall these 7 amazing ladies will be somewhere other than the south!

Lately, I've found myself overwhelmed with attitudes that others have. Maybe towards me or just life. Turn that frown upside down! I say, let people be who they are. If you don't like something they do or the way they are, then don't hang with them. It is very important that we build people up. Help others become better. Sometimes doing a little more than we want to can put a smile on someone's face. And that is important.


My eyes have been wide open to see those who truly care about me. The ones that are proud of the work I do and the life I live. You guys know who you are. Thank you for being in my life and investing so much. Great friends and an amazing family are just a few blessings God has given me.

We had dinner club this week. Oh boy. The memories and stories that were told. How we laughed. It was a wonderful time. It is scary at how my memory is not near as good as others. These girls remember things I did years ago that I have completely forgotten about. Amazingly we are still here! Stories. I love them!


Some of us are hoping for the rain to push on through this weekend. We've planned a day at Rocky Springs. It will be divine. I'm not the girl that sits inside. I like to be outside. Take it or leave, it matters none to me. I'll be waiting outside for you! Pictures will follow of our trip to the springs that are rocky.

Happy Friday kiddos! Be safe. Laugh. And enjoy!

No comments: