Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowy Sunday

I spent this past weekend in North Mississippi. I love that area. I had a blast. I got to spend time with my old friend, Nancy. We make one another laugh. I bet I laughed the entire time. Seriously. It was so good to catch up with her. It was also a fabulous weekend because it snowed like crazy at her house. Her staircase was very icey. Not good. She lives on Pickwick Lake. It is very beautiful, if you've never been. I was in high hopes that the lake would freeze so I could skate on it. However, it didn't get that cold! Wishful thinking.



I tried trout for the first time this weekend at Jon's Pier. It was a doggone pity, I didn't care for it. Luckily, dessert was fabulous! A cool little joint at Pickwick is the Broken Spoke. They serve a variety of foods and cool redneck t-shirts. I enjoyed the little place. Unique restaurants are the spots to hit up. Especially the ones that scratch out a menu item with a pen and change the area code on their sign with a marker. Charming.


Much has gone on since the last time I wrote. With much prayer, my family has decided to move back to the Jackson area. Dad's final day at PCS (Hattiesburg) will be after spring break and he will join the team at Hillcrest Christian, as the Head Football Coach and Athletic Director. I am very excited about their move. Jaime is not real happy about moving. Change is not her favorite. Please pray for her in this adjustment. Hopefully, the house in Hattie will sell with ease and they will find exactly what they are wanting in a new house here.

How quickly time has flown by. It is already March 2, 2009. I am so thankful for good friends and a loving family. 2009 has been splendid so far. I hope this for you, too. Laugh today!

No comments: