Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Eggs and Ham!

Work. It has been rough. But I let it get the best of me. That is too bad for me. I let a work issue steal my joy and my happiness. Lesson learned. Shame on me. “Don’t let people steal from you. Stay happy.” This is what I am now telling myself.

Some employees want to walk in and use their thumb to squash all creativity and productivity out of you? Yes, they probably do this. They probably try at 47 different angels to come at you. Do they accomplish? Well they do if you allow them to. There are times when people will run over and this is understandable. Thankfully, there are times when you stand strong for yourself.

In passing, I might have mentioned this work situation to some. Only a few had deep details. After complaining to these few people I am close to about my situation at work, I realized my situation wasn’t getting any better. Until, I talked to my dad. He was quick to remind me that I must always keep my head straight. I must always have a smile on my face. This doesn’t mean I like them AND no matter how much I want to roll my eyes at them, DON’T. (I tend to roll my eyes a great deal of the time. I hate it when I do this and I do not realize it.) A flaw. I am aware. Pops also reminded me that my work is great and I show great passion towards it. The truth will come out. And that is a fact. It will.

It is so good to have encouraging people in your life. I find such comfort in the great people I have in my life that genuinely care for me and invest in my life. It is so easy for some to say ‘find a new job’ or ‘don’t worry about her’. So I really appreciate those whose words went deeper than the surface. Thank you.

My work may not have my name on it. It has someone else’s name tattooed on it. But this will work out. As I continue to smile and be happy because I DO HAVE A JOB…please remember me during this trying time at work. It isn’t perfect. But it shall get better!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Wear green...it is a fun day! Green is a great color! I love the story of St. Patrick. If you have not heard it, google it. Pinch the grumpy/boring people who do not have on green. Peeeench!!

Happy 35th Anniversary to Mom and Dad, today!!! Coral or Jade is the traditional gift for this anniversary. I'm pretty confident that my father will be non-traditional (again), seeing that he hasn't followed a single tradition in his life. Mom, I always wondered if you wore green on your wedding day? I know I would have. Such a great day! Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's so special that your parents have been married for 35 years :) Congrats to them. And...how wonderful it is to have the loving and meaningful advice of a father. You are a lucky girl.

Delaney