Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I can't see

Driving to work is a bit of a chore some days. This morning, as I am creeping down I-55 at a record turtle pace I noted I could not see more than 10 yards ahead. Due to what I later came to realize was a wreck and not to mention the pollen that is as thick as fog in Jackson. (Hurry up rain. My allergies are killing me.) I am not usually irritated with traffic. I can only recall a few times when I was overwhelmed with anger because of traffic. For the most part, I sit back and listen to tunes.

My place of employment is really coming down of us to be on time. That means 8:00 am NOT 8:01. This is hard for some. Yes, I may be a part of that 'some' on days. Sorry. Get over it. With each passing minute, this morning, I moved another 9 inches. Luckily, I left home earlier than usual. I would not be late.


Sitting on 55 not moving, I began to think how parallel this is to life. I couldn't see what was ahead of me. I knew something was ahead but I wasn't sure what. Like life, we can not see what is in store for us. We are very careful, for fear of getting hurt or getting in a 'wreck'. As I am sitting and waiting for the traffic to move, I heard the words coming from the speakers in my car 'You know better than I'. Joy Williams beautifully sings this song.

How true this is. How amazing the way my morning played out. He truly does know better than I. He knows all. Who am I to question His ways or to try and get a tight grasp of understanding His ways? I will continue to face hard and confusing times but nothing will ever be greater than Him. I am so richly blessed that by faith I believe and know that God knows what is ahead. The traffic will clear. The fog will clear. He will still remain. Promise.

SO...I am very supportive and faithful to those I love. I love the ones I love and I will be their biggest fan. I mentioned in my last blog that my family will be moving back to Jackson. Check out
www.hillcrestchristian.org . Yes, I am the baby girl and I'm always proud!

Also, I am thinking about taking the FRS Healthy Energy Challenge. I'll let you know. I have also challenged myself to be different everyday. If this means going out of my way for someone, not getting easily irritated or not letting soar attitudes affect me...then so be it. Challenge yourself to do something. I'm going to the zoo for lunch next week. I will post pics. It shall be splendid.

Get outside. Spring is almost officially here. Buy yellow tulips to decorate your house! Ahh...flowers are great. Pollen is not.

2 comments:

The Lovebugs said...

I love your reflection on this. So true!

Candiss Fortenberry said...

Have fun at the zoo! I have lunch with three animals everyday....I just hope that my house doesn't smell like the elephant cages!!