Monday, February 23, 2009

Rollback

Wal-Mart. What a place. I am not a fan of Rollback Prices. However, I found myself there this weekend. 2,346 people pushing huge carts around, ungodly children acting foolish while the driver of the cart is steadily getting upset. And that is what makes Wal-Mart a horrific place to shop.

Checking out, my cashier said these exact words: "I hate Wal-Mart. I just work here." As I look at her and smile...my mind immediately races. If you hate where you work and do not believe in it, then why are you wearing the blue vest with the yellow smiley face? Is she the only individual fighting that battle today? No. Hardly. If we could all choose what we were, where we worked and how many hours we put in a week...would it be the same as your current job? I seriously doubt it.

All this talk about the economy will NOT happen on this blog. At least not today. Well, never. Times are tough. We all see or know that. That clear, my point is...your job will never be fabulous everyday you walk in. Mine surely isn't. But I feel at this moment I am where God has called me to be, and that is glorious. The 8-10 hours you put in a day...is it a job or career? Do you need to pick up your things and get moving?

I am figuring out my strength's and weaknesses. What I truly want to do. What I would like to do with the rest of my life. No, I can't say hosting Mississippi Outdoors is my life long goal. It is fun for the moment but there is so much more God has in store for me. So, for now, my focus is doing the best I can where I am now. I look into other opportunities but the 'right' one hasn't come up yet. Yes, I will continue to pick up the slack because people are lazy. Why? Because I care. I care about the place that deposits money into my account.

I do love the days when I am not in the office. The days I get to spend outside. I am not the office type, nor will I ever be. I have a pretty cool job, for the most part. A Mississippi boy would love it. The people aren't always easy to deal with. But that is everywhere. However, I am excited about where I will be lead to next. Whenever that may be.

If you are like the cashier at Wal-Mart, pick your head up. Move your feet. Find yourself and your little piece of happiness. Unfortunately, we can't always bypass the "cashier" days at work. They just happen.

Happy Monday!

No comments: