Monday, February 16, 2009

Vanilla with strawberries

I love ice cream. I wish I were eating it right now. Such a tragedy, I am not. But ice cream makes me happy. This does not mean I need to eat it everyday. I'm pretty sure I could do this though. What is happiness? Is happiness ice cream? Someone special smiling at you? A raise? Yes, all these things should make you happy. Be thankful for the little things that make you happy. But there is so much more to happiness.

Trying something new. Going out on a limb. Walking blindly. These are scary things. But what if we choose to look at these things in a different light? Find happiness in these moments. Would our feelings/thoughts about these things be different? I believe so.

I am scared about different things in my life right now. Whatever the outcome of these things might be, my feelings of being anxious and scared did not assist in the final verdict. As humans it is normal for us to be scared about things. Like ice cream, this is OK (in moderation). If we could find happiness in the scary moments...wouldn't life be a little better? May we all enjoy every moment of our lives.

I got back in town tonight. Jacksonians can NOT drive. True statement. I drove 349 miles today and the worst drivers I experienced are in Jackson. Good thing I have learned to drive the same. This weekend I realized I can not bowl. I knew this fact already. Just did a little confirmation. The shoes are still cool. A good movie to check out is, Taken. I enjoyed.

Hope your weekend was good.

No comments: