Saturday, May 9, 2009

The nice guy.

I love the nice guy. I try to be the nice guy(gal).

My Saturday morning started early. 7am. My Aunt Angie spent the night with me last night. We had dinner and a great time together. She and I had our coffee and morning discussions about different things. Family. Life. Things to pray for. Etc. She left at 8am.

It is now 9:30. You would think in one hour and 30 minutes, things would be calm and okay. Not the case. The events I am about to tell you are why I love life. And love my life. Life is a wild ride. I'm just happy to have a seat.

I start cutting the yard when she leaves. I started with the front yard, in fear that the rain would start if I did the back yard first. People see the front. Make it look nice. I get it cut. I'm happy. I start on the side. Mower dies. It will not mow. Problem. I call my dad. He says pour the gas out and put new gas in it. I did. Nothing.

I can not mow. I look around the red machine. It seems complicated. I burn my hand. Not bad. The conclusion: I can not cut my grass today. That is okay. I have plenty of other things to do. I pick weeds. This is NO fun. I take the garbage out.

As the trash guys pull up, I go to the back yard to get a chair that broke. I open the gate. Guess who saw the open door. Tucker. This part is crazy but true. 3 garbage dudes stop what they are doing and chase him. The neighbor across the street (old man) runs after Tucker too. 3 kids chase him, along with me. 4 minutes later, we get him. The men go back to their truck and do their job. I spend 3 minutes saying I'm sorry. I spend 2 minutes thanking the neighborhood. The next 5 minutes are spent yelling at Tucker.

So there are good people out there. The people that help you chase your dog. The people that offer their mower. The nice guys.

May we all be nice guys or gals. It is important and it means so much in the long run.
May we all find enough happiness to be sweet.

Wild times at my house. I expect nothing less. Maybe I should go back to my ways...when I had a yard man. Yard stuff was easier! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

No comments: