Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dry it up

I'll never forget the first time (I was in high school) when my dad told me to stop crying. "Dry it up," where his exact words. I did something wrong. I knew it was wrong and apparently there was no need for tears. Only improvement and apologies. So that I did. Without tears.

Daddy's girl. But dad is a football coach surrounded by women. We knew how to wrap ourselves around his finger. He too, knew us well. He loves mom, as he should. Jaime is his heart. He and Les have a unique relationship. He and I...well I am the baby that is much different from her sisters. Personality, that is.

What makes you become tough? More than likely it will be an occurance in your life. Some are born tough, while others never experience the word. When you do something wrong, how do you react? When wrong is done to you, how do you react? Reacts (actions), as 'they' say, speak louder than words. Very true. I respond well to affirmation. Both words and actions. However, words seem to be fake at times. Actions show.

How do you bounce back from a broken marriage? The death of a dog? Fighting off a disease? A bad relationship? A terrible situation at work? Mean people?

Life is hard. Surround yourself with useful people. There is nothing worse than having someone in your life that makes you feel bad, unworthy, unloved or not special. Get rid of them. Easier said than done. I know. But maybe neccessary? It is okay to have tough skin every once in awhile. You'll find that you can get cut but it heals with time. You ask about scars? Yes, they will be there. I like to call scars 'personality'. Cry when you need. It's okay too. We all handle things differently. That is the beauty of life.


Build people up. Make the ones in your life feel special. Don't hurt the ones you love and care about. The older I get, the more I realize how precious the people that invest in my life truly are. I've had to dry it up lately. Things haven't turned out the way I would have liked. People have let me down. And other situations. So I smile. And keep on going.

A little update. My parents house in Hattiesburg sold yesterday. They are so releaved. I am thrilled that my house will go back to normal! I am not being rude, just honest. My house is lonely without Tucker. He was such a great blessing and I miss him very much. If anyone wants me to have their dog, I'd love that!

1 comment:

The Lovebugs said...

I wish I could have moments when I don't cry...it's very hard sometimes! I am so glad your parent's house sold! What great news :) I know you miss Tuck, he was a great companion! I will pray that another blessing, just as he was for you, comes your way soon :)