Sunday, June 20, 2010

4 letter word

Pathetically enough, I watched the movie Valentine’s Day this weekend. Hollywood really makes things ‘work for the best’. Not a single actor in the movie ended up alone. Magical.

However, there was only one part of that movie I agreed with: Love is a feeling. We all need feelings. And love is the best feeling.

I believe in love. I believe it will and can happen for anyone. I believe one day I will have a strong, long-lasting love with one man. I believe in staying together and working on your relationship every day.

I am single. Never been married. However, I have many friends that are married, divorced, single or widowed. We each have our own story. All stories are worthy of telling.

I have come to a point in my life that some big decisions must be made. I can’t help but to think about the man that showed me how a husband and father should be. My dad. He is a great man. I am his youngest girl and we have a special relationship.

Over the past few days, dad and I have had the opportunity to talk about life, work, relationships and love. How blessed I am to have a father that cares so much. His advice is never selfish or harmful. His love is never fake. And his hug is always comforting. Happy father’s day dad! I love you.

Love.

No comments: