Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Me time

Today. I'm glad I had it and that it moved by quickly. Work was the same expected situations. Busy. I like busy. It has been raining since 3. No small shower. A down pour. I love it. Dinner club met tonight at 5 at Keifer's. One of my favorite joints to be at. Love the atmosphere and the attitude of the waiters. Cool place.

I got home around 6:45. Opened the back door to let Moses in. Remember the rain? It turns holes made of dirt into mud. He was covered. So out in the rain I go with the water hose. Unbelievable. I couldn't help but to laugh. Typical. I expect these things to occur. He is clean now. At least no mud.

After that fun event- I had me time. I still am. A nice, hot bath. A good book. A coffee. And I'm doing a little writing. Those of you who follow and know- I'm very happy to say, I finished writing my first book. Children's books, for the ones that do not know. Pretty cool. Between the father I was blessed with and the imagination I have- I was bound to write a 'pretend' story for little ones to read. I'll let you know as the process continues. Exciting.

I am richly blessed. We all are if we choice to think positively. I haven't really been myself lately. Due to stress and life- I just thought I'd have a sorry attitude and it was okay. I could do that. No. Not the case. I had to step back and realize all I have and see all the good things in my life. Maybe we all have to do that at some point. What makes us smile? What makes your heart skip a beat? Have patience. Its hard. But enjoy! Take your 'me time'.

1 comment:

The Lovebugs said...

Cool! A children's book! How neat. I know there is something else in my life that I have been created to do...but I haven't found it yet. I would love to write a children's book...way to go Amanda! :) Nice post...love reading your blog.