Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Humor

Mark Twain was a great author. Remember him? He wrote Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Adventures of Tom Sawyer. My father is a fan of Twain. As a small child, I remember reading these books with my dad. I loved it!

Twain had a sense of humor. I appreciate that. There are many wonderful quotes from him but by far, my favorite is- Humor is a great thing, the saving thing. The minute is crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.

How very true. Laughter is favorite thing. I can say that it is a huge part of my life. Thank goodness. Without it, I can't imagine life. When the stress of life, work and relationships get to be 'too' much, a good laugh is what I need. I had that tonight. I had dinner with a group of old friends. People I worked with 5 years ago. It was great. It was full of laughter.

How much do you laugh? Does a bad day at work take away your laughter? Does a rough relationship take away your laughter? Laugh. It heals. Laugh until it hurts. I just love that!

I moved to the Reservoir area. I love my new house. In the past week, I have preasure washed the house, painted the: bathroom, bedrooms, living room, front door, cut the grass and hedges, put out pine straw, and scrubbed the tile. I have been a busy bee and it has been good. Hard work is always a good thing.

I fell off the blog-osphere. Hope I'm back! After 10" of rain in Jackson, maybe we can enjoy a month of sunshine and cooler temps!

No comments: